Petter Solberg Reveal that he will soon become Factory team manager, but refuses to give the son Oliver Solberg guarantees,__ He has to arrange himself.
In an interview with Eurosport, 45 years old Petter Solberg says that the dream of becoming a team manager for a factory team can become a reality within a few years. but son Oliver is in no way given a assurance of being Part of the team.
Solberg opens up about his dream of becoming team manager in Thursday’s Eurosport-sent Petter Solberg special.
- Yes, I want a team. I will do it my way. No politics. It’s about winning – and having one focus.
Solberg elaborates that this is something he wants to do for himself and not for his son Oliver Solberg. He -“Oliver has to arrange himself,” smiles Solberg. He’s in control. To put it bluntly: If I have a team in the future, and things are going well, it’s up to him to prove he’s good enough to join my team, says Petter Solberg.
Peter who won the World rally championship title back in 2003 is clear that you have to distinguish between family, achievements and what is best for the team to perform at maximum.
- I’m a little old-fashioned there. You have to do the job. I don’t do this for Oliver. I do that for my part. Oliver has his share of work. I’m not like giving any benefits if something were to happen in the future. You must perform, have stability and full focus. That’s the way it is. If you’re not good enough, it’s straight out, Solberg postulate.
Peter Solberg When asked about – any thoughts on when such a team could be in place – or some time horizon?
- I work with two car factories and we have been working for a long time already. The plan was 2022. I know the time frame for how much time we need to build a team, car and stuff like that. I have people clear in the background. All I have to do is press a button and the ball starts rolling. The advance job in the background is clear with the right people in all areas, the 45-year-old says.
The outbreak of the corona means that things have been put on hold. It is therefore not clear to make some accurate predictions as to when this will happen.
- It’s on “hold” now. That is something we must respect. Whether that happens in 2022, 2023 or 2024 … I am not sure, he says.
But he is clear on one thing:
- I have a dream. It’s so clear to have a factory team and win.